Our methodical approach to investing helps protect us from suspect investment opportunities and assists us to find genuinely profitable enterprises at values that provide a high margin of safety, thereby working to minimize investment risk.
In short, we invest in quality companies with a long-term focus, thus allowing our clients and us to sleep well at night.
We break down our investment philosophy to the following five tenets:
- Allocate capital for the long term by finding companies worth holding “forever”
- Invest only in high-quality companies that shine after our rigorous due diligence process
- Focus on management integrity, good corporate governance, earning quality, free cash flow and competitive advantages
- Favor enterprises whose leaders have skin in the game, through personal ownership of substantial portions of the company, and yet modest annual compensation
- Discount conventional wisdom and mainstream thinking, especially as propagated by Wall Street
- Learn more…